To my THRIVING IN DENIAL party participants… It’s been a rough couple of week to say the least. But since I’m THRIVING IN DENIAL and leading the fight, giving up, throwing in the towel or anything other than moving forward in this journey of life, was NOT an option.
At this moment, my family and I are headed toward the tallest waterfall in the US – Multnomah Falls. We’ve been here several times. But this time we’re going all the way to the top.
There is a lot going on in my life right now, but if I stay focused on the CRAP, I’ll never get to the top. So…
1. CONTEMPLATE YOUR NEXT MOVE. But do NOT discuss it with a bunch of people! Contemplation is a time of inner reflection- hear what your own heart has to say.
2. IDENTIFY THE BEST MOVE FOR YOU. You can’t help others if you’re drowning! For some of us, the hardest lesson to learn is deciding when to focus on ourselves.
3. DO YOUR SWOT ANALYSIS. What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for each option you’ve identified. This is important analysis. It helps to separate and categorize emotions from fact/reality.
4. RECOGNIZE AND EMBRACE THE NEED TO PAUSE. The intentional act of pausing before you act, speak, or fly off the handle is true power. It’s an internal reminder that you are still in control of somethings including HOW YOU REACT.
5. EXPECT THE WORSE AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. I’ve been told this concept is negative and/or counterproductive. HOWEVER I firmly believe that to be forewarned is to be forearmed. It means that I’m prepared. As best as possible I’m prepared. Being prepared can be emotionally empowering, uplifting and liberating. You may not have planned for whatever just occurred- but you can plan the next moves with confidence.
Just sharing a few thoughts for your consideration… I’m headed to the top of Multnomah Falls. I’m headed to a different level of life…
I promise photos of the Falls coming soon…